7/14/08

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Remember that time I got pseudo-freaked out by the increasing tween presence on social networks? If you don't, check out my first entry from June. Well, turns out it's a moot point.

I believe it was the late great R&B singer Aaliyah who said it best: Age ain't nothing but a number. To illustrate this point, I invite you to meet Daniel Brusilovsky. At the ripe age of 15, he has founded a company called Teens in Tech and serves as a youth evangelist across the social media spectrum. Woah.

** Conversely, when I was 15 I spent my time dreaming of the day when I could drive the majestic family minivan, Big Blue, and wondering what that cranky Brit Simon Cowell would say next. He says the darndest things.

<-- He's kind of a big deal.

I've spent a summer living amongst the Ivy League set and I'm very familiar with the "startup speak" a young entrepreneur should exhibit. So very, very familiar. This guy has got it down pat. But, as we know, talk is cheap without action. Something tells me young innovators like Daniel may just have a movement on their hands.

1 comment:

Leland said...

That kid makes me sick. Mostly because he makes me feel like such a loser....

...fun.