7/28/08

Deal or No Deal?

Car dealers don't always get the best rep. I'd be willing to bet that when many people think of dealers, they think of, well...

And while "No Credit, No Problem!" may be blissful music to your ears, I'm pleased to report that there is more out there. Earlier this month, I had the chance to tour the new LaFontaine dealership in Highland Township, MI (Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, GMC). The LaFontaine Automotive Group is a family company with dealerships throughout Michigan.

So, what's the big deal about this new addition? For starters, over $2 million in green initiatives were invested into the facility - including progressive approaches to lighting, heating and water usage. Furthermore, to be frank, the facility is pretty pimped out. Well, if you consider a gift shop boutique, cafe and full-service salon to fall into that category. Maybe "nontraditional" is the better word here.

I spoke to the General Manager, Ryan LaFontaine, for a recent podcast. Check it out to hear the specifics of how this new breed of dealership operates. It is by no means a commercial, so don't expect to hear about their $9.95 oil changes... which do in fact exist. Also, I'd wager to say I'm a bit less awkward than my first go around and that has to count for something!

Here you have it folks: http://tinyurl.com/5gp6f7

I'd love to hear your comments about whether or not a dealership's environmental practices would play a role in your decision to buy from them.

I'd also like to know if you find my voice to be as soothing as Delilah (who has also recorded in the OnStar studio, in addition to John Tesh, Dennis Miller, Dr. Laura and Sean Hannity - woah)... but that's neither here nor there.

No comments: